TileMaps & PathFinding Breaking Stuff in Dev

Get the latest news on new features, bug fixes and version updates right here!

Re: TileMaps & PathFinding Breaking Stuff in Dev

Postby JudgeX » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 am

Just lodging a note that I still could use some help with this issue. If anyone knows where I've gone wrong or how to use tilemaps as in the multiplayer examples with the newest source, please let me know.
JudgeX

Postby robaldred » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Updated example 9.5-goto-path-finder is broken in latest dev.
There's a drawing issue with the path history.
And a more important issue is that the player jumps to the final destination immediately when the initial path is allowed to complete.

I made a little screen cap here.

At 0:12 I allow the path to complete, you can see that the drawn path history is not completed. The last point is not correctly drawn as traversed.

From 0:15 I begin pathing again. The player jumps immediately to destination without pathing, the "destination calculated", "point reached" and "Path completed" events are triggered immediately aswell.

It's immediately apparent that these changes have made the pathing very glitchy, expecially when you want to interrupt a path and go somewhere else, it was working really nicely before these changes.
I don't work for Irrelon. All comments are my own.
I would strongly encourage anyone building production projects with Isogenic to buy a premium licence, it costs very little and will help towards continued development of the engine. Irrelon have spent thousands of hours developing this wonderful platform with many features found in AAA game engine.
robaldred

Postby Smileypop » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:32 am

The issue with the TileMap2D trying to create a texture on the server side still exists.

Can you please update the dev branch code to wrap the following in an !server statement:

Code: Select all
var self = this,
         tex = new IgeTexture(IgeTileMap2dSmartTexture);

self.texture(tex);
Smileypop

Postby rob » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Sorry for not getting back to you guys on your questions re: this update sooner. In the coming months I have earmarked some more time to make sure these changes are production ready and your questions are answered.

Thanks.

Rob
CEO & Lead Developer
Irrelon Software Limited
http://www.isogenicengine.com
rob
Site Admin

Previous

Return to New Features, Latest Versions & General Updates