Call for Feedback: Mouse Event Trigger Default

A place to request and discuss new engine features / functionality

Call for Feedback: Mouse Event Trigger Default

Postby rob » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently pondering enabling isoBounds mouse triggers by default when an entity is switched to isometric(true).

For those who do not know about the new mouse event trigger options on entities please see: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6

The isoBounds setting basically makes mouse events fire against the 3d bounds polygon of the entity instead of it's flat 2d AABB polygon. It seems logical to me that if you are placing an object with isometric enabled that you would want mouse events to trigger against the isoBounds polygon by default.

Can you guys chime in on this proposed change? If I don't hear objections I will implement for the next version update.

Thanks!
CEO & Lead Developer
Irrelon Software Limited
http://www.isogenicengine.com
rob
Site Admin

Re: Call for Feedback: Mouse Event Trigger Default

Postby robaldred » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:49 am

Seems like this is exactly the behaviour you'd expect.
I cannot think of a reason why you wouldn't want the mouse to interact with the iso bounds.
I see you can set it with IgeEntity#mouseEventTrigger so it the old behaviour can be enabled if someone really does wants the 2d bounds
I don't work for Irrelon. All comments are my own.
I would strongly encourage anyone building production projects with Isogenic to buy a premium licence, it costs very little and will help towards continued development of the engine. Irrelon have spent thousands of hours developing this wonderful platform with many features found in AAA game engine.
robaldred

Postby rob » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 pm

robaldred wrote:Seems like this is exactly the behaviour you'd expect.
I cannot think of a reason why you wouldn't want the mouse to interact with the iso bounds.
I see you can set it with IgeEntity#mouseEventTrigger so it the old behaviour can be enabled if someone really does wants the 2d bounds

That was my thought as well. I'll ask Goldfire to weigh in too as they have used iso extensively. :)
CEO & Lead Developer
Irrelon Software Limited
rob
Site Admin

Postby foolmoron » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:14 pm

I use the 2D bounds collisions for some objects, but yeah, I can just manually set it in those cases
foolmoron

Postby rob » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:12 pm

This is now part of both the master and dev branch versions.
CEO & Lead Developer
Irrelon Software Limited
rob
Site Admin

Return to New Feature Discussion