How does one 'kick' a connection?

Post your help queries and engine programming questions here

How does one 'kick' a connection?

Postby Smoozilla » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:33 am

Thanks Rob, and all those that helped, including these forum posts, they have been very useful. Expect more questions from me and hopefully some answers as I learn this slick framework :-)

I'd like to call something like this on the server

Code: Select all
ige.network.disconnect(clientId);

I've searched through the code on github, as well as the examples, and can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!
Smoozilla

Re: How does one 'kick' a connection?

Postby robaldred » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:12 am

Hey
It probably should be something like you suggest. There is no simple method to kick clients, however its pretty easy.
Code: Select all
ige.network._socketById[clientId].close()

Feel free to propose a disconnect method for the netioserver
I don't work for Irrelon. All comments are my own.
I would strongly encourage anyone building production projects with Isogenic to buy a premium licence, it costs very little and will help towards continued development of the engine. Irrelon have spent thousands of hours developing this wonderful platform with many features found in AAA game engine.
robaldred

Postby Smoozilla » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Thank you robaldred, I knew it had to be something similar but couldn't find it :-)
Smoozilla

Postby robaldred » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:53 pm

No worries, the sort of things people tend to build rarely require the ability to kick clients.
If you have any other questions, or would like to share what you're building post on here :)

Good look with your project.
I don't work for Irrelon. All comments are my own.
I would strongly encourage anyone building production projects with Isogenic to buy a premium licence, it costs very little and will help towards continued development of the engine. Irrelon have spent thousands of hours developing this wonderful platform with many features found in AAA game engine.
robaldred

Return to Help & Questions