Show your work here!

A place for your to showcase your projects and get feedback from the community. Post screenshots, videos etc of your work and show the world your awesome stuff!

Show your work here!

Postby foolmoron » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:46 am

Alrighty then!

Here's my latest game, made for the Flappy Jam, Flappy Puzzle: http://foolmoron.itch.io/flappypuzzle
And here's the full source code: https://github.com/foolmoron/FlappyPuzzle. It says you need the dev branch, but I think it might actually work with the free master branch. Not sure if there's anything useful in the source, but I think it's pretty nice for the time spent.

My first Isogenic game is something I have been working on for a few months for work, but it's not deployed for the public yet... I'll post it when I can. I'm also making a game for the Cyberpunk Jam, which will use Isogenic as well,
foolmoron

Re: Where can we show off our games?

Postby Doidel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 am

Hehe good job ^^ I managed to get a score of 4 once!

Oh you use ige for work? That's nice ^^ Then you must be quite the ige pro by now, using ige everywhere :)

@Everyone else, don't hesitate to show your games here, it's fun to see ^^ Oh and if you have a fancy new game you can also mail Rob and maybe get featured in a newsletter!
Doidel

Postby robaldred » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:43 pm

I thought for a second (from the name) it was going to be flappy bird clone ;)

Wow that's hard :D
Thanks for sharing.
I don't work for Irrelon. All comments are my own.
I would strongly encourage anyone building production projects with Isogenic to buy a premium licence, it costs very little and will help towards continued development of the engine. Irrelon have spent thousands of hours developing this wonderful platform with many features found in AAA game engine.
robaldred

Postby Doidel » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:12 pm

What are you working on robaldred? ^^
Doidel

Postby robaldred » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:42 pm

At the moment I'm working on a project for a broadcaster in the UK that will accompany a TV show, at the moment I can't say much more I'm afraid.
I'll share when released but it might be a while :)
I would strongly encourage anyone building production projects with Isogenic to buy a premium licence, it costs very little and will help towards continued development of the engine. Irrelon have spent thousands of hours developing this wonderful platform with many features found in AAA game engine.
robaldred

Postby Doidel » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:31 pm

Ah, a pity. Indeed, provide us with a link once you're done!

I recently picked up the isogenic engine again, and started a project with two mates. I think it'll probably be the first 3D game for ige ^^ http://www.ck-game.com/LizardsAndMeerkats
Doidel

Postby foolmoron » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:54 pm

robaldred wrote:I thought for a second (from the name) it was going to be flappy bird clone ;)

Wow that's hard :D
Thanks for sharing.

Yup, it was supposed to be inspired by Flappy Bird, but not exactly a clone.

Doidel wrote:I recently picked up the isogenic engine again, and started a project with two mates. I think it'll probably be the first 3D game for ige ^^ http://www.ck-game.com/LizardsAndMeerkats

Hmm looks promising. 3D still seems too hard to me. I need to get better at it.
foolmoron

Postby foolmoron » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:19 pm

So here's my latest game, Skylize!
http://foolmoron.itch.io/skylize

It's more of an experiment/tech demo than a game, though.
It's also written in coffeescript instead of traditional JS, which seems like a good combo for isogenic. It only took like 350 lines of coffeescript to write the whole thing!
foolmoron

Postby Doidel » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:33 pm

Nice ^^ I've never used coffeescript, no clue what it does tbh. It simplifies stuff I guess?

The game is more artistic, yeah :) It's cool though, gj!
Doidel

Postby robaldred » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Coffeescript is just syntax sugar. It's a ruby-like markup that is converted to JavaScript. Its compiler mostly does syntax conversion, it is not code aware.

Im a ruby dev too so it makes it easy to switch between ruby and js.
robaldred

Next

Return to Project Showcase