Can't get TexturePackerAtlas to include.

Post your help queries and engine programming questions here

Can't get TexturePackerAtlas to include.

Postby darian311 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:39 am

I have several dozen js files including as expected including ones in the exact same folder. Furthermore I made a helloworld for TexturePackerAtlas using the black_game folder and got that working without include hassle.

Here's all the relevant stuff for the HelloWorld:
https://github.com/darianhickman/Textur ... HelloWorld

However in my main project I see:
Darians-MacBook-Pro:village-makeover darianhickman$ ./compile.sh
Executing IGE Under Node.js Version v6.10.1
Starting deployment process...
Deployment will be created in: ../client/deploy
-----------------------
Generating game core...
-----------------------
Checking module paths declared in: ../client/ClientConfig.js
Trace
at IgeClass.log (/Users/darianhickman/bitbucket.org/village-makeover/ige/engine/core/IgeClass.js:75:17)
at IgeClass._createClientGame (/Users/darianhickman/bitbucket.org/village-makeover/ige/server/IgeNode.js:408:10)
at IgeClass._generateStage1 (/Users/darianhickman/bitbucket.org/village-makeover/ige/server/IgeNode.js:203:28)
at IgeClass.generateDeploy (/Users/darianhickman/bitbucket.org/village-makeover/ige/server/IgeNode.js:185:8)
at IgeClass.init (/Users/darianhickman/bitbucket.org/village-makeover/ige/server/IgeNode.js:44:10)
at new IgeClass (/Users/darianhickman/bitbucket.org/village-makeover/ige/engine/core/IgeClass.js:348:15)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/darianhickman/bitbucket.org/village-makeover/ige/server/ige.js:47:15)
at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:579:10)
at Module.load (module.js:487:32)
IGE *warning* [IgeNode] : Cannot load module from: "../client//js/gameClasses/components/TexturePacker.js", exiting!
Darians-MacBook-Pro:village-makeover darianhickman$

To get it working in the HelloWorld I removed one variable TextureRoot. I doubt that's the problem.
So a couple questions:
1. Why doesn't it give a more useful error message about what's wrong. ?
2. Not even Webstorm helps with debugging this, is there some way to make these javascript modules to reveal issues inside the IDE?

Any help is appreciated: my goal is to make https://www.villagethegame.com load in under 3 seconds.
darian311

Return to Help & Questions