Is Isogenic development active?

Post your help queries and engine programming questions here

Is Isogenic development active?

Postby Vallar » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I am looking around for a new engine for a multiplayer game idea I have. So far I have been using Unity and developing single player games. I heard that Isogenic focuses on multiplayer games so I thought I'd give it a go. Does the engine receive regular updates? How is the engine's state in general?

It seems aside from the tutorials made in 2013 there aren't much information available about it. The tutorials suggest there is a paid and a free version is that still the case or did that change?

Thank you very much!
Vallar

Re: Is Isogenic development active?

Postby rob » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 pm

There is no longer a paid for version - the whole project is free open source.

I am the developer that made Isogenic and I no longer work on it - it is a great engine but if you are looking for support or want a very active developer following for the technology you are using you are better off going with Unity or other engine that is still in active development. I would love to spend time updating Isogenic but there is simply no time or money available to do so.
CEO & Lead Developer
Irrelon Software Limited
http://www.isogenicengine.com
rob
Site Admin

Re: Is Isogenic development active?

Postby Vallar » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Thank you very much for your quick and honest reply. I was actually looking for something with support as I am not quite the advanced programmer. Perhaps I could give it a whirl if I reach a good enough level to be able to delve into the source in case I got stuck to fix it or so.

Thank you very much and I wish you good luck!
Vallar

Return to Help & Questions